US-based Architectural Firm Outsourced with BOP to Receive Detailed MEP and Firefighting Drafts
About The Client
The client is an established civil architecture firm based in the United States of America. The client’s core business revolves around both designing and constructing of buildings, which requires the planning process to take place early in the project timeline. Considering that further work after the planning phase would be minimal, developing an in-house MEP planning team was not financially beneficial.
BackOffice Pro was approached to become the client’s outsourcing partner with the aim of developing a reliable partnership to tackle this high-priority project. Based on a vast portfolio of successful projects and reputation within the industry, the client opted to partner with BackOffice Pro.
This development presented unique challenges which required skilled project managers and quality assurance measures:
- High-level specifications - The detailed multi-level MEP infrastructures required building skilled teams of specialists to even out the workload and keep the project on track.
- Limited time frame - The project timeline was only six months long, presenting the challenge of productively achieving milestones while maintaining the required quality standard.
- Governmental building regulations - Adherence to legal and construction limitations presented a challenge. This obstacle that was overcome through the diligent management of every available resource, despite the multitude of safety checkpoints to be planned in accordance with MEP frameworks and the Fire Marshal’s health and safety codes.
- Local water table - Analysis of quality and quantity of the available groundwater at the construction site.
Solutions by BackOffice Pro
BackOffice Pro crafted a process that adhered to the client’s vision through efficient management of the tailor-made team of experienced professionals. This schedule ensured high-quality deliverables without incident:
- Review of the requirements - The team held meetings with the client to review the project requirements and clarify every expectation. All key points were covered, including:
- Location of the building site
- Urgency of completion and intended functionality
- Plans for specific partitioning of the available space
- Details regarding the types of expected tenants
- Backup air cooler redundancy estimates
- The projected demand on resources including electricity, etc.
- Necessities such as integrated building management systems (IBMS) and gas line connectivity
- Outlines and templates for project-specific paperwork
- The dedicated task force - 14 seasoned professionals including managers and benchmarking analysts were appointed to this project.
- Initial outline - Development of initial outline designs for each of the main technical drafts and submission for approval by the client.
- Simplified draft - Following the client’s consent to the initial outline, preliminary MEP, fire safety, and the Reflected Ceiling Plan (RCP) details were laid out in a simplified format.
- Detailed draft - After the approval of these secondary designs, a final draft proposal was structured and carried out pending the client’s further approval.
- Final delivery - Once the drafts accepted by the client, the team delivered the final plans with full notes and reference materials.
"Our company has been associated with BackOffice Pro from the last few months, which is so quick to respond to all our requests and very eager to understand our processes and standards. It was a pleasure working you and let’s hope our relationship will stay forever."
"BackOffice Pro has been a tremendous resource for our engineering works that is very precise and attentive to respond all our concerns. Understanding our procedures within a very short period is really appreciable."
Success was twofold, with both the client and BackOffice Pro drawing on the benefits of this intensive project. The client was supplied with thorough MEP drawings including analysis of the local infrastructure. At the same time, BackOffice Pro gained yet another success story to build our reputation for top-notch deliverables and professional knowledge.