US Based Food Display Product Manufacturing Company Saved $60,000 by Outsourcing Design to Back Office Pro
The Client is a leading global firm in food display products space, based in the US.
The Business Need
The client’s recent jump in sales required a capable delivery partner who could deliver top quality work in a short time frame. They were looking for an offshore partner who had:
- Proficiency in mechanical design
- Created customized product according to targeted market and customers
- Created blueprints for both prototype and eventual manufacturing
The design particulars of this project presented us with some unique challenges:
- This project needed to be executed within very short time frame and this would mean engineer availability at a short notice.
- The designs had to be precise to minimize error in prototype and manufacturing. This was crucial to ensure the period limitations of the client.
- We had to make extremely precise designs, despite the fact that we could not see the client’s products and manufacturing process for ourselves. The precision required could only be achieved with experience.
The Back Office Pro Solution
- We pursued the design and manufacturing guidelines.
- We conferred with the client through tele-conferences and online help to get a better understanding of the systems, processes, requirements and the functionality of the product
- A dedicated channel over the internet was used to further train our team.
- Constant quality checks and defect tracking were introduced to ensure error-free delivery.
- After the required modifications, requisite programs were designed and implemented for repetition of the task
"Our company has been associated with Back Office Pro from the last few months, which is so quick to respond to all our requests and very eager to understand our processes and standards. It was a pleasure working you and let’s hope our relationship will stay forever."
"Back Office Pro has been a tremendous resource for our engineering works that is very precise and attentive to respond all our concerns. Understanding our procedures within a very short period is really appreciable."
At the beginning of the task, we needed 2-3 iterations with repeated quality checks. Now our programs and prototypes are accepted almost instantly. Most errors are detected internally and the client is delivered a near-perfect product. This has also speeded up our processes. By now, we have delivered 10 projects in as many months.
The many-fold benefits to our client include:
- Confirming to tight schedules
- Meet their deadlines with little effort
- Better design execution
- Immense cost saving, up to the tune of $60,000
- Access to a flexible and transparent outsourcing partner
- Prompt scale up of capabilities and manpower when required
Although the client initially approached us for our cost saving benefits, they were soon won over by our comprehensive, excellence, and professional approach to the task at hand. Their satisfaction can be realized by the fact that they have now asked us for our outsourcing expertise in financial services. The client has now retained us for other services like BOM implementation through MRP software at the market (through a secured inter-network connection) and PDM processes.