Back Office Pro Delivered Business Transcription with 99 Percent Accuracy from Inferior Audio Quality
Each business transcription assignment can present special challenges. Here is a case study featuring how Back Office Pro (BOP) dealt with 31 hours of inferior audio files — delivering timely and accurate final transcripts with 99 percent accuracy to the client.
The Client and Their Needs
The client is based in Indianapolis, Indiana and has transcription experience involving assignments that include transcribing depositions, interviews and reports for insurance and medical businesses. The client needed a transcription partner capable of transcribing 31 hours of audio files involving the Indiana Historical Society. The client worked with Back Office Pro on previous assignments — they chose BOP for this transcription project based on high-quality performance in prior engagements.
The Back Office Pro Challenges
This project involved two special challenges:
- Audio files with inferior quality — Due to poor audio quality, the BOP team had difficulty understanding speakers.
- Rework requirements to achieve accurate transcriptions — In order to produce error-free transcription based upon inferior audio files, the Back Office Pro team needed to revise and rework before delivering the final product.
The Back Office Pro Solution
Back Office Pro transcription experts developed a three-stage solution to address initial challenges:
- Assigning a full-time staff member: In using a full-time equivalent (FTE) exclusively for the project, BOP managers anticipated the value of maintaining continuity and consistent oversight throughout the transcription process.
- Quality checks by a business manager: As an added level of quality control, a Back Office Pro business manager checked final transcripts for accuracy.
- Delivery of individual transcripts upon completion: To facilitate an overall completion in the shortest amount of time, BOP delivered transcripts to the client as they were completed rather than waiting to deliver everything at once.
“My experience with Back Office Pro has been very wonderful and would recommend their services to others requiring transcription services. Thank you for your great services and I look forward to continuing this fruitful working relationship in future."
"Thanks so much for your assistance with the service for translating my podcasts flawlessly that allows me to run an online community for business women part time alongside a full time business. Your quick and accurate response helped me to save time and money."
The Final Results — Success
The Back Office Pro team successfully overcame difficult challenges and produced two noteworthy final results:
- Delivery to the client in 13 days — with 99 per cent accuracy.
- A satisfied client — interested in continuing their ongoing working relationship with Back Office Pro.