Audio and Video Editing for a Publishing and Information Products Company
The increasing prominence of digital media has elevated the importance of video and audio editing for a wide variety of business and government clients. This case study details how a publishing and information products delivery company used outsourcing to BackOffice Pro (BOP) as a wide-ranging and successful solution involving several video and audio editing needs.
The Client: A 20-Year Provider of Data and Services to Educators, Researchers, Travelers, Businesses and Libraries
For almost two decades, the client has served a growing number of industries in their core business area — providing tools and data to their customers. During this period, the client has shifted their product and services mix to reflect changes in digital media. Because they are dealing with a sophisticated business audience, the client regularly updates their product line in order to maintain an edge in a competitive business climate.
The Business Situation: Keep Costs Down Without Sacrificing Quality
The client came to the project with four specific and well-defined needs — keeping costs down, maintaining quality standards, matching current video and audio capabilities and guaranteeing turnaround times. Due to these four factors — plus the high-volume nature of the assignment in combination with large files — the client discovered one or more problems with most alternatives. BackOffice Pro ultimately represented the best choice for getting a complex project to the finish line successfully.
The Challenges: Data Security and the Scope of the Project
The scope of the project was sufficiently large that the BackOffice Pro team anticipated the need to add extra storage capacity without reducing data security. A total of 6 TB hard disk drive capacity was needed for the project — video files needed to be backed up regularly by moving them to hard drives, and both raw and completed files required back up provisions.
Results: A Fast Turnaround, High Quality and Reduced Costs
The client began the project with high expectations for achieving a cost reduction without sacrificing quality and speed — for a project that also required a complicated and high-volume editing combination of audio and video files. BackOffice Pro was successful in meeting and exceeding expectations. The client saved 60 per cent by working with BOP while achieving faster turnaround times than were available with other options.
The BackOffice Pro Solution: Seven Steps
BOP enacted the following action steps in response to the client's specific needs and special project challenges:
- BackOffice Pro Quality Guarantees — established at 99 per cent for the entire project.
- Round-the-clock Work Schedules — The BOP team provided round-the-clock coverage for everything until final delivery was completed.
- Using Only Up-to-date Software — BackOffice Pro used only the latest versions of all software and infrastructure tools during the project.
- Unified Supervision — BOP designated one supervisor to oversee the entire project. Resources were allocated to meet speed and volume requirements.
- Team Assignments Based Upon Specific Skills Needed — BackOffice Pro assigned team members based upon skills that closely matched client requirements.
- Early Analysis of Raw Files — An initial full analysis was performed in order to clarify and define editing needs.
- Maintaining Data Security — BackOffice Pro used a secure VPN network (IPSec/PPTP), anti-spyware filters at the gateway level and URL filtering. Dedicated bandwidth and high-end workstations were allocated to the editing team throughout the project. BOP employed a centralized server storage system with external HDD backups. Virus detection and repair was maintained by using McAfee Enterprise Suite.
“We found BackOffice Pro as our reliable partner to work with for Artwork project as that can only satisfy our requirements. The Artwork quality delivered during the trial period was impressive."
"I am thankful to BackOffice Pro for extending kind support, putting sincere effort and working so diligently on our DTP project to complete within a quick turnaround time, which helped to increase my profits. Let our successful business relationship last for a long time."
Complicated Does Not Mean It Is More Expensive
As demonstrated in this video and audio editing case study, a proven and experienced outsourcing partner such as BackOffice Pro is capable of reducing costs and simultaneously improving turnaround times without a corresponding loss of quality. This is a winning combination for budget-conscious clients who still want a high level of quality in a reasonable period of time.