A Reputed Furnishing Firm in the US Outsourced Its Catalogue Processing and Cut Operational Costs By 50%
The client is one of the oldest and largest furnishing firms in the US with an established nationwide presence in the market and a number of long-term customers. It also boasts of an extensive network of suppliers.
The Situation- Business Need
As a B2C service provider, the client was facing usual problems associated with tremendous growth, particularly in the area of data processing. Although it employed a team exclusively for this purpose, it was inadequate to handle the massive inflow. This was proving to be a major hurdle, since catalogue data processing was a key function. Consequently, they were looking for an offshore partner who could work parallely with their team.
The client was well versed with their requirements and demanded a high efficiency. The challenges we faced were:
- Coordinating and working in tandem with the onshore team
- Learning the intricacies of the client’s business from scratch
- Managing the ongoing catalogue processing and completing backlogs
- Incorporating the catalogue details sent by the supplier be on a central database onto an AS400 server on a text-based interface
- Setting up a remote connectivity system using checkpoint secure remote VPN software and an IBM emulator to connect to the server.
- Uploading the content in three stages prior to approval. This step had to be under the client’s control
- Scanning the catalogues prior to shipment via FedEx
The Back Office Pro Solution
To solve the client’s demand for better connectivity and data processing, we came up with the following solution.
- Our experience in improving connectivity issues helped us to formulate an appropriate plan for the client. We used checkpoint secure remote VPN software and an IBM emulator to connect to the server.
- A 10-member team with a project leader was appointed to deal exclusively with this project. The team’s main aim was to facilitate communication with emphasis on knowledge sharing during the duration of the project.
- The team was trained in data processing, particularly in the client’s three-phased process.
- The client’s very stringent and complex processing requirement took us longer than usual in completing our project. However, we were able to finish two catalogues in this time and move on to live runs.
"The team at Back Office Pro is professional and efficient enough to give clients the great results. By partnering with them, I have been able to magnify my business tenfold."
"I appreciate the way and style which Back Office Pro follows to communicate with us. They made me so familiar when entering into the business agreement for the first time."
"We had nice experience working with Back Office Pro that quickly gaged our line of business and project requirements, and consistently performed well. They are the most trusted and wonderful partner to work forever."
By solving data connectivity and streamlining their process, we were able to make a significant impact on the client’s business.
- With offshore data processing, the client could cut down the costs by 50%.
- Our speedy solutions helped the client in dealing with their massive scale of processing.
- Quality checks installed in the process automatically improved overall quality and productivity.