Back Office Pro Successfully Indexed 1000 Journals a Week for a Multi-national US Business House
The client is a major business house, based in the US. It is also a leading global player with a multi-national presence.
The Situation- Business Need
The client had amassed considerable journal material that needed to be properly archived. For this purpose they had decided to outsource their indexing and the cataloguing of their archive. This was necessary for the quick retrieval of important and relevant information. Back Office Pro was chosen because of its past results in cataloguing and indexing. The client also believed that our practices were in tandem with their own business values and their long-term developmental plans.
Given the scale of the client’s business and their emphasis on quality, the project offered its own set of challenges:
- The client had amassed a massive amount of literature in terms of volumes and in the type of data. Based on a wide range of topics and subjects, they had to be catalogued accordingly. This meant not just the disposal of considerable manpower, but also of brainpower.
- Given the range of material, appropriate care had to be taken to ensure that the items were indexed correctly, i.e. under the right heading and appropriate for the intended reader.
- There are a number of other factors that had to be considered while cataloging: relevance, specificity, completeness, probability, legibility, index layout, use of subheadings – their specificity. The criteria for indexing of information – chronological, alphabetical etc., – are all equally important.
The Back Office Pro Solution
Given the scale of the data we were dealing with and the expertise required, we had to come up with a comprehensive solution:
- We believe in providing expertise with quality. This is why our implementation panel consisted of technical editors, domain experts, and domain specific engineers.
- We ensured a wide range of expertise was at hand to deal with the diverse topics that the documents presented. Multiplicity had to be ensured in both the expert panel and the execution team.
- International standards were strictly implemented throughout every step in the process.
- We hit on a solution that was both simple and time saving. The data was first classified according to its content. Indexing was then carried out according to relevant key words on the core matter and by personnel names.
- The Domain experts came in first, adding every article’s essence in extract or abstracts and by giving them relevant titles. Then our indexing experts would come in, classifying the articles according to their subject matter and keywords.
- To ensure the aesthetics of the project, our design and presentation personnel worked on the indexing to ensure it matched the client’s required format, while being functional.
- An automated software was used to ensure the work was completed accurately and quickly.
"The team at Back Office Pro is professional and efficient enough to give clients the great results. By partnering with them, I have been able to magnify my business tenfold."
"I appreciate the way and style which Back Office Pro follows to communicate with us. They made me so familiar when entering into the business agreement for the first time."
"We had nice experience working with Back Office Pro that quickly gaged our line of business and project requirements, and consistently performed well. They are the most trusted and wonderful partner to work forever."
Our fast solutions, coupled with our expertise gave the client exactly what they were looking for – an accurate, precise, and efficient index.
- Starting from the first phase, we were able to speed up the indexing process, from 300 to 1000 articles per week. This was achieved within 60 days.
- The client was extremely satisfied and entrusted us with their entire indexing and cataloging functions, and awarded German journals indexing, which was completed within stipulated timeframe.