Back Office Pro Provided 3D Medical Animation for a Swedish Medical Research Firm
About the Client – Medical Research Firm
In operation since 2005, the client is a Swedish company, focused on socially responsible medical research. The company was founded with the aim of improving every facet of human life insofar as they could extend their reach. Powered by knowledge and vast financial capabilities, this client develops life science products and provides challenged communities with the tools they require to develop.
In addition to a vast number of philanthropic pursuits, the company applies a critical business mindset to their endeavors. This enables them to weigh up their various competencies and resources, developing a practical, high-engagement, and lasting approach to creating social impact.
3D Medical Animation Requirement
With our expertise in similar projects, the Back Office Pro team was the ideal outsourcing partner for the development of the client’s 90-minute animatic model on medical cell structure. The client had provided a detailed script, and their requirement was to create this medical animation based on the exact guidelines given in the script. The full extent of the project included modeling medical cell structure, creating a flowing video, and developing a voice over to enhance the full 90-second video.
Our Challenges Concerning Subject Matter Expertise
With this project, we found ourselves searching for resources with specific skill sets related to the medical field. While this posed a small challenge, we have access to a wide network of medical professionals who can lend us their invaluable expertise.
Modeling the cells was somewhat difficult. Our team had to be 100% scientifically accurate while remaining in line with the script. We were able to take charge of the situation and present the client with a satisfactory result.
BOP’s Approach Toward the Animation Project
Using Maya Dynamics, Adobe After Effects, and 3DSMAX, our team followed the strict and a step-wise process from the requirement to delivery:
- We were able to impress the client with our 10 second initial paid trial, after which the remaining 80 seconds were developed.
- During our initial meeting with the client, we were able to iron out the finer details and set project parameters.
- Using the initial script, we drafted sketches for the video.
- Using 3DSMAX, and based on the client-approved storyboard sketches and script, our team created models of the cells.
- Using Adobe After Effects and Maya Dynamics, the models were rendered as full-length video clips.
- Upon completion of the rendering process, our team completed the final animation.
- Our next step was to sync the client-provided voice-overs with the video.
- After client approval, we rendered the final output and delivered the ready-to-watch video.
"Our company has been associated with Back Office Pro from the last few months, which is so quick to respond to all our requests and very eager to understand our processes and standards. It was a pleasure working you and let’s hope our relationship will stay forever."
"Back Office Pro has been a tremendous resource for our engineering works that is very precise and attentive to respond all our concerns. Understanding our procedures within a very short period is really appreciable."
Benefits that the Client Received
Back Office Pro completed the project within a 30-day timeframe, using only 3200 work hours. The client was not only impressed by our timely delivery but also by the quality of the final video, which exceeded their expectations regarding quality and correctness.