MEP Modeling Service for Pennsylvania Based MEPF Design and Engineering Firm
Client’s Profile – Pennsylvania Based MEPF Design and Engineering Firm
Based out in Pennsylvania, the client is an M/E/P/FP design engineering firm established in 1989. Their services include feasibility studies through utility, M/E/P/FP, chilled water plant design. With a record of exceeding customer expectations, they have served the pharmaceutical, higher education, healthcare, and research facilities over 30 years.
Client’s Requirement: MEP Modeling of an Auditorium
The client wanted MEP modeling for an auditorium in a Music College. The model was supposed to be clash-free between M, E and P services. Since acoustics was an important part of the project, placement of the equipment was very crucial. They contacted BOP and assigned the project t us owing to our expertise.
Challenges in the MEP Modeling Project
Initially, we faced a few difficulties with the tight deadline, complex requirements. Additionally, the inputs were low and illegible from the PDF document they provided. With continuous discussion with the client, we combated the challenge and executed the project smoothly. Weekly reviews were scheduled to discuss the progress of the project and RFIs were sent to get clarity on issues.
Customized Process BOP Followed to Execute MEP Modeling Project
The strategical approach that BOP followed to complete the project is as follow:
- We discussed the project requirements in detail to get a better understanding of the product to be developed.
- We documented existing conditions of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and firefighting.
- Eight experts were assigned exclusively on the project, along with a thorough coordination work that was done between the various services (Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing).
- With extensive research about the MEP modeling standards as per the client’s requirements, we shared the WIP files with the client for the feedback.
- We did the DD (Design Development) per change in the design of Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and firefighting.
- On getting the feedback, we worked on that and created the 3D model using Revit and Navisworks for clash detection
- We received the client’s approval and shared the final Revit file and CD (Construction Document) of all MEP modeling via Dropbox.
"Our company has been associated with Back Office Pro from the last few months, which is so quick to respond to all our requests and very eager to understand our processes and standards. It was a pleasure working you and let’s hope our relationship will stay forever."
"Back Office Pro has been a tremendous resource for our engineering works that is very precise and attentive to respond all our concerns. Understanding our procedures within a very short period is really appreciable."