Reputed US-based Scaffolding Provider Outsourced Their MTO Detailing Project to BackOffice Pro
US-based Scaffolding Service Provider
Our client is an industrial equipment and services company with eight decades of industry experience offering a lease, rental, and purchase plans at over 110 locations across the USA and Canada, with increasing presence in global markets. Their main focus is the delivery of high performance, effective solutions including access & scaffolding, fireproofing, insulation, coatings, and surface preparation. Due to the enormous strain placed on their internal resources, the client was looking for an outsourcing partner to handle their Material Take Off (MTO) projects using provided drawings as a reference point.
Project Requirement for Material Take Off Detailing
The material requirements had to be calculated and reported in a Bill of Materials according to the client’s specifications. The client first contacted the BackOffice Pro team through our website, and then the business development managers take it ahead by discussing the project and the detailed requirements.
Delivery Timeline Challenges
The biggest challenge our team faced was the complicated nature of many of the drawings. As a result, meeting the deadline for the Material Take Off process proved to be more demanding than originally anticipated.
The Process We Followed
Once our business development manager had confirmed each of the client’s requirements, our team began work on the task:
- A team of six mechanical engineers was appointed to the project, and the client was also advised to increase the number of team members to meet the deadline.
- The team analyzed the project requirements with input from the client to ensure that every requirement would be successfully met.
- The drawings provided by the client were presented as PDF documents, which our engineers used to calculate the material requirements. These were captured on Excel spreadsheets.
- Our team’s engineering visualization and calculation experience was the key to provide accurate Material Take Off reports.
- The project deliverables were handed over in Excel format.
"Our company has been associated with BackOffice Pro from the last few months, which is so quick to respond to all our requests and very eager to understand our processes and standards. It was a pleasure working you and let’s hope our relationship will stay forever."
"BackOffice Pro has been a tremendous resource for our engineering works that is very precise and attentive to respond all our concerns. Understanding our procedures within a very short period is really appreciable."
The client benefited from receiving accurate and reliable Material Take Off reports in clearly laid out Excel spreadsheets. BackOffice Pro benefitted with a running project contract from delivering all project deliverables within the defined Service Level Agreement (SLA).