Outsource Investment Research Services
BackOffice Pro (BOP) is an outsourcing partner offering additional investment research support to financial research companies around the globe. BOP has a team of selectively picked financial analysts with vast industry experience that assists research firms in providing accurate investment insights to their customers.
Focused on providing additional skilled resources, BOP also helps market research companies in end-to-end project consultation which includes inspection, analysis, clean, transform, and model data in various formats. Our investment research services are comprised of complementary competencies in both economics and financial analysis; including equity and credit research, sector research, financial modeling and valuation, database creation and management, and customized research.
BOP’s Investment Research Skillsets
- Degrees in Finance, Economics, or Accounting from internationally recognized universities.
- Advanced knowledge of mutual funds and ETF’s, both active and passive, as well as experience in financial risk measurement and management techniques within securities markets.
- Expansive knowledge of the equity and fixed income markets.
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Excel and other Office software including Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- In-depth familiarity with and understanding of investment performance and portfolio management software, including Green Hill, Scorecard, Fi360, and Investor’s View.
- Far-reaching knowledge of major investment data and analysis services including Bloomberg, Cap IQ, FactSet, Thomson Reuters Datastream, and Eikon.
- Experience with risk applications such as Barra, Northfield, and Axioma.
- Strong grasp of data offered by peer universe data providers such as Lipper and Morningstar.
- Ability to conduct thorough investment research, utilizing both internal and external information sources.
- Well-versed in conducting primary research through conferences, and evaluating economic and market conditions.
- Experience building and maintaining detailed financial models for use in the investment decision-making process.
- Extremely competent in the collection, entering, and maintenance of market data in spreadsheets, using proprietary applications of the client’s choice.
- Experienced in supporting in-depth fundamental corporate research, especially around identifying attractive investment opportunities.
- Equity Research We assist asset managers with idea generation and fundamental analysis. This includes industry databases, commodity prices and forecast trackers, portfolio trackers, financial models and analysis, and company/subject analysis.
- Macroeconomic Research Our research and analytics teams are experienced working across asset classes that enable Private Banks and Wealth Managers to generate investment ideas, including economic forecasting, indicator watch, commodity research, currency research, database creation, and econometric modeling.
- Fixed Income and Credit Research Global asset managers weigh up our experience against rating categories, products, regions and fixed income segments. Our unparalleled research support covers a wide variety of subjects including cash flow, loan, recovery of financial spreading models, investment notes, advanced analysis, news monitoring, databases, and surveillance.
- Fundraising Research We offer thorough and accurate end-to-end financial research services across the deal cycle to global Private Equity and Venture Capital firms. Our teams cover everything from pre-deal research to deal evaluation, portfolio management, and exit.
Investment Research Services We Offer
- Technical Analysis Our analysts are experts in key technical analysis techniques, generating trading ideas with better risk/reward ratios and forex market analysis. Our teams offer long and medium-term support with Intermarket analysis, relative analysis, Elliot wave, Dow theory, and trend-following techniques and systems.
- Mergers and Acquisitions Research We assist investment bankers with idea generation and transaction support. We are well-versed in a wide range of related subjects including deal origination, pitch books, sector studies, comps analysis, and financial modeling.
- Portfolio Analytics We help clients make the most of their data. Our extended portfolio analytics support spans over sales support, investor communication, and marketing. Our teams are well-versed in performance attribution, performance reporting, portfolio and risk analytics, fund pitch books, RFP/RFI support, and publishing support.
Benefits of BOP Investment Research Services
Investment research firms worldwide benefit from our wide range of investment research services. Outsourcing investment research services from BOP offers the following advantages:
- A dedicated team of analysts that works as an extension of your team for regular work, helping to boost your research efforts cost-effectively.
- Our researchers are the best option for once-off research support for ongoing deals, or a short-term resource ramp-up during earnings season.
- We offer the possibility to block dedicated hours during the year to deploy on-demand resources across skill levels as per the client’s research requirements.
- We keep a finger on the pulse of data sources, familiarizing ourselves with various data publications and vendors to assist clients in continually expanding data coverage.
- Our proprietary methods and frameworks are deployed right across the client engagement lifecycle, from discovery right through to onboarding, transition and service quality management.
- We assist sell-side firms in ascertaining the fair market value based on what an experienced, educated, and unpressured buyer considers paying for the available assets.
- We assist buy-side firms in finding lucrative investment opportunities based on their precise portfolio requirements.
- We offer accuracy and attention to detail, a step-wise approach, and unwavering commitment to strict deadlines.
"We have been able to achieve substantial cost and time savings on several complex projects undertaken from the great services offered by BackOffice Pro. We appreciate their prompt attention to our concerns."
"We are impressed with your meticulous details for assuring high-quality audit of extracted data as we have reviewed your documents carefully."